Friday 20 April 2007

Oh dear...

... I suspected it would be hard to find the energy to keep up this blog when I returned to work. And I was right.

I have at least done a 'first tack' of the dark and light areas of the moon, and they're fitting together quite well.



But I'm unable to decide whether the background should include:
- just appliques
- just Markal paintstick shaded stencils
- or a mix of both
So I've stalled.

I want to keep the background subtle, shadowy, with ghostly, dreamlike images.

I love the way these figures and shapes emerge in the dyeing process:

3 comments:

Cathie said...

What a beautiful visual expression of your love for your daughter. You are a very talented artist - and your daughter is a very lucky girl!

I'm a mom too! God bless you.

shula said...

Both!

More fun that way.

Eve said...

I am so sorry! I've only just found your comments. Thank you so much!