Thursday 12 April 2007

Hitting the wall of self doubt

It would have been so much better had I not had to take yesterday away from this. In these early planning stages I need to have a straight run, with focused concentration, else I lose the thread and self doubt creeps in.

The background panels came out kinda sorta what I'd wanted, although I'd hoped they'd be a bit more... well, more. Unfortunately, the most interesting parts will get cut away when the moons are appliqued, or reverse appliqued - I haven't decided yet. I shall probably use these ghostly moons in the outer border, but I'm still left feeling that I should overdye or paint the panels further.
I positioned the panels on my bed to get an overview. Unfortunately I couldn't get the distance to get a complete photo, but seeing them placed together it was apparent that I should put away dye and paintbrush, and introduce more interest through embroidery and applique later.



But it was also apparent that these panels are just too big - so a rejigging of the dimensions of both plan and panels themselves to see whether I can reduce them to 40cm. The applique moons will get reduced in size from 'large dining 'plate to 'we're watching our portion size' plate.

No comments: