Saturday 2 June 2007

Knitting

Here's what I'm knitting:

Its a strange yarn - 70% wool, 30% soybean protein fibre. It knits easily, if a tad too easily [if that makes any sense], its beautifully soft and drapey and I love the colourways.

I particularly like this colourway, but I'd need to adapt the pattern to make it waist length or just below.

I really like this simple sweater, but as I can't wear wool next to my skin I prefer to knit jackets.

Really struggling with these horrible new specs, my first pair of varifocals. I think I prefer generalised haze, rather than the strangely misshapen, if wonderfully clear in places, view of the world. I chose what I felt to be the least-ageing frames, but caught a glimpse of myself in the supermarket looking extremely stern. I do think stern can be useful, but its hopelessly removed from my wish to look like a serenely ageing Pre-Raphaelite beauty [not that I ever remotely resembled one in my youth].

No comments: